YNPN is an intentionally creative space for developing and connecting the next generation of social change leaders. We like to think of our network-building model as the equivalent of offering a pile of blocks, a lump of Playdoh, pipe cleaners, and pickup sticks to the most expansive young minds in the country. Our approach awakens a diverse cross-section of young people to their potential to create change in their communities, provides them with the skills and experiences they need to meet that potential, and allows them to build connections across differences.
The Conference Schedule includes the following programming:
- Friday, July 27: Leaders Institute Welcome Reception (Pre-Conference program)
- Saturday, July 28: Leaders Institute (Pre-Conference program)
- Sunday, July 29: Leaders Institute & Deep Dive Sessions (Professional Development program)
- Monday, July 30: National Conference (Professional Development program)
* Note: A National Conference Reception will also take place on Sunday or Monday evening. Exact date is TBA.
Who should attend the Leaders Institute
Registration for the Pre-Conference is open to YNPN Chapter Leaders. Chapter leaders are individuals serving on YNPN Chapter Board of Directors. By selecting the “YNPN Chapter Leader” ticket you are registering to attend the the Leaders Institute andNational Conference from Friday, July 27 to Monday, July 30.
Highlights of this year’s Leaders Institute include -
- *Peer-led workshops which give chapter leaders the chance to share their chapter’s expertise in an area and participants the chance to learn with and from their peers.
- *One-on-one career and leadership professional coaching sessions.
- *Evening social and networking events aimed at strengthening YNPN Chapter Leader relationships and connecting out of state participants to the local community.
Who should attend the National Conference
Registration is open to nonprofit professionals, board members and volunteers or other individuals passionate about social change. There is no age restriction on participation, emerging and established leaders alike are welcome to join us at the National Conference for professional development. By selecting the “YNPN Member” or “General Admission” tickets you are registering to attend the National Conference on Sunday, July 29 and Monday, July 30.
Highlights of this year’s conference activities include -
- *Deep Dive sessions which offer attendees the unique opportunity to spend the a half day or a full day thinking and learning about a particular leadership topic or skill.
- *Spark sessions with local and national speakers to inspire and engage attendees, who are then given space to unpack those ideas through group dialogue.
- *Innovation tours to learn how other nonprofits are leveraging community assets, pushing for local policy change, producing wins through collaboration and measuring impact.
- *Opportunities to meet fellow change makers by providing space for connections, healing and inspiration. In a sector where there is greater need than resources, we require strong support systems to fuel our impact and avoid burnout, both personally and organizationally.