The YNPN National Conference: Leading Through Change will provide attendees with space for the personal connections, big ideas, and skills they need to build a more diverse and powerful social sector.
One way the conference creates this space is through Deep Dive sessions which offer attendees the unique opportunity to spend time in an extended workshop thinking and learning more deeply about a particular topic or skill. Facilitated by an expert trainer, deep dive sessions are a "roll up your sleeves" experience that gives attendees a chance to explore their leadership on a deeper level.
At the 2017 YNPN National Conference, deep dive sessions will be offered beginning on Sunday, August 13 through Monday, August 14 to allow attendees more opportunities to participate.
Managing Upward: Initiating Difficult Conversations with Leadership
Monday, August 14
Presented by: Catherine Perry PCC, Founder, Inwardbound Center for Nonprofit Leadership
There’s an art (and a bit of brain science) to skillfully holding difficult conversations. Mastery may be elusive but making improvements is absolutely within reach. In this experiential workshop, discover:
- Ways to diffuse the four toxins that show up when tensions are high
- How to press the pause button instead of hitting the panic button
- 10 powerful questions to get un-stuck in a difficult conversation or situation
- How to customize a short ‘script’ to diplomatically move the conversation forward
Use this training to navigate difficult meetings and for giving and receiving feedback.
Wiser Than a Tree Full of Owls: Leadership and the Power of Being
Sunday, August 13 and Monday, August 14
Presented by: Val Porter, Consultant, Blaze: Leadership for Trailblazers
You’ll have plenty of opportunities to have someone talk at you about your career. This is not one of them. We’re going to sit down together and have a conversation about you: who you are, where you’re going and how to ensure you don’t suck when you arrive.
- Your Personal Leadership Perspective
- The Seven Qualities of Powerful Leaders
- How to Change Bad Leadership Behavior
- The Importance of Birds, Be’s (this is not a typo) and Trees